Robinson High School Foundation
Happy 2015 RHS Families,
It is hard to believe 2015 is here. The Robinson High School Foundation is busy at work with technology upgrades thanks to proceeds from the 2013 Benefit, RHS Class of 1984, RIBLI and you.
Working with Don Roberts - Foundation Technology Chair, Jack Miles – School Technology and Johnny Bush - Principal, we will be outfitting 10 additional classrooms with projectors and tablets which allow teachers to work with online information in the classroom as well as create a more interactive classroom environment. The feedback from teachers regarding the opportunity to bring this technology to RHS has been extraordinary. A special thanks to RHS Class of 1984, who raised enough to sponsor one classroom, and RIBLI for sponsoring two classrooms. The remaining seven rooms are made possible by all of you who support the Robinson Foundation. The technology is expected to be fully installed in all the classrooms over the next 2-3 months.
Also thanks to all the families and businesses that became Foundation Partners this school year. This partnership program was new for the 2014/2015 school year. We will be continuing the Community and Family Partnership programs next year with information about renewing or joining coming out this spring.
Along with the Partners Program, the annual benefit is instrumental to the Foundation’s funding efforts. We are ready to begin the planning for next year’s event and have the exciting opportunity available for someone to lead this event as Benefit Chair and/or Auction Chair. If you are interested in taking a leadership role or participating on the planning committee, please contact me at (813) 495-6694.
I hope everyone has a wonderful and prosperous 2015, we welcome your support and involvement.
Robinson High School Foundation President
"Growing Leaders One Knight at a Time!"
Providing financial and volunteer support for the Robinson High School community and campus
The Robinson High School Foundation was established in 2010 to give volunteer and financial support to our school community. The Foundation has raised more than $200,000 to date, and has provided Robinson with two new electronic marquees and protective covers, an award-winning College & Career Center ("The Cube"), the RHS Faculty Grant Program, campus-wide irrigation and landscaping, A/V equipment, tecnology for faculty, assistance to RHS clubs and athletic teams, and operating budget assistance for RHS PTSA. The Foundation’s current high-priority projects include: creating more campus green space, upgrading classroom technology and auditorium audio-visual equipment, establishing a scholarship program for graduating Knights, and renovating athletic facilities.
- Fund Projectors and Tablets for 10 classrooms
- AP World History Interactive Lessons
- JSA Debate Van rental for State Convention
- Musical Hairspray Jr. funding for RHS Thespian Troupe
- Beautification Day Funding for PTSA
- Book Club funding
- Literacy Awareness Campaign
- Printers for Student Services, Guidance and ESE
- Aeronautics grant for LittleBits Electronic Workshop set
- One Act Competition funding for RHS Thespian Troupe
- Cafe tables and chairs for Media Center
- Travel DECA banners grant
- Laminating machine for Business & Travel and Tourism Department
- Digital camera for CTE Department
- Stanchions for the renovated Cafeteria
- Funding for Quarterly School Newspaper - The Knight Writer
- Standard Mallet Keyboard Frame for Band
- Jasmine planted along fence, landscaping and irrigation
- Study carrels for classrooms
- Field rack, adams set and clamps for RHS Marching Band
- IB curriculum binders
- Jr. Statesman Debate Competition costs
- Assistance with the IB Senior Art Show
- Ancient Warfare books
- Vocabulary books and Blackline Masters
- Complete the marquees and vandal covers
- Furniture for "The Cube"
- New projector
- Improvements to the girls' restroom in the girls' locker room
Without your continued support of the Foundation and their efforts, items such as those listed above would either come from the teachers' own funds or not be available at all. Again, thank you for another great year and...
Powered by Class Creator