Robinson High School Foundation
THERE IS NO NEED TO LOGIN ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THIS PAGE AS A MEMBER. THIS LOGIN IS ONLY FOR ADMINISTRATORS. ---------->
For Immediate Release - October 15, 2015
Contact: Kimberly French - 813-477-2199
Havana Knights raise record funds at fifth annual event
Tampa, Fla. – The Robinson High School Foundation’s fifth annual benefit, Havana Knights, was held at the Westshore Yacht Club on Oct. 10.
This year’s sold-out event drew a crowd of more than 250 guests for dinner, entertainment, and silent and live auctions. Sports talk radio personality, teacher and author Bill Freitas served as emcee for the live auction, which included bidding for an opportunity to be Robinson’s football coach for a week, field-level seats at Yankee Stadium, and luxury suites for Lightning and Rays games. The evening also included remarks from Robinson High School Principal Johnny Bush and Foundation President Laura Lee Glass.
The Robinson High School Foundation estimates that the event, along with family and community partnerships, raised approximately $70,000 this year.
“The funds we raised will go back to our school to improve campus and classroom technology, support our college and career center known as The Cube, enhance our auditorium, provide faculty and staff grants, and support our athletic teams,” said Havana Knights Benefit Chair James Baker. “It’s a worthy cause for our excellent school with some of the best students, teachers and administrators in the county.”
Robinson High School’s IB Class of 2015 achieved an unprecedented 100 percent IB Diploma rate, one of only 36 IB programs nationwide and the only one in Florida to achieve this honor.
This year Robinson has 16 National Merit Semifinalists, leading Hillsborough County. Additionally, 2015 U.S. News & World Report rankings placed Robinson High School 44th among the Best High Schools in Florida and 96th on the list of Best Magnet Schools in America.
T.R. Robinson High School serves more than 1,600 students and is located at 6311 S. Lois Ave. in Tampa. For more information, visit rhsknightsfoundation.org or robinsonhs.mysdhc.org.
Looking forward to SKF2016!
"Growing Leaders One Knight at a Time!"
Providing financial and volunteer support for the Robinson High School community and campus
The Robinson High School Foundation was established in 2010 to give volunteer and financial support to our school community. The Foundation has raised more than $200,000 to date, and has provided Robinson with two new electronic marquees and protective covers, an award-winning College & Career Center ("The Cube"), the RHS Faculty Grant Program, campus-wide irrigation and landscaping, A/V equipment, technology for faculty, assistance to RHS clubs and athletic teams, and operating budget assistance for RHS PTSA. The Foundation’s current high-priority projects include: creating more campus green space, upgrading classroom technology and auditorium audio-visual equipment, and renovating athletic facilities.
- Fund Projectors and Tablets for 10 classrooms
- Tablet for "The CUBE"
- AP World History Interactive Lessons
- JSA Debate Van rental for State Convention
- Musical Hairspray Jr. funding for RHS Thespian Troupe
- Beautification Day Funding for PTSA
- Book Club funding
- Literacy Awareness Campaign
- Printers for Student Services, Guidance and ESE
- Aeronautics grant for LittleBits Electronic Workshop set
- One Act Competition funding for RHS Thespian Troupe
- Cafe tables and chairs for Media Center
- Travel DECA banners grant
- Laminating machine for Business & Travel and Tourism Department
- Digital camera for CTE Department
- Stanchions for the renovated Cafeteria
- Funding for Quarterly School Newspaper - The Knight Writer
- Standard Mallet Keyboard Frame for Band
- Jasmine planted along fence, landscaping and irrigation
- Study carrels for classrooms
- Field rack, adams set and clamps for RHS Marching Band
- IB curriculum binders
- Jr. Statesman Debate Competition costs
- Assistance with the IB Senior Art Show
- Ancient Warfare books
- Vocabulary books and Blackline Masters
- Complete the marquees and vandal covers
- Furniture for "The Cube"
- New projector
- Improvements to the girls' restroom in the girls' locker room
Without your continued support of the Foundation and their efforts, items such as those listed above would either come from the teachers' own funds or not be available at all. Again, thank you for another great year and...
Powered by Class Creator